The congregation here at Zion is very active in mission. Follow our activities under the “Mission Update” blog. Our Vision statement that guides our ministry is this:
Through the transforming power of Jesus Christ, we strive to be disciples and to make disciples as we:
- Worship God with all our heart, mind and soul;
- Serve our neighbors through civic engagement and by being a moral presence in the community
- Grow in faith through study of scripture, prayer, and spiritual discipline
- Seek closer fellowship within the Body of Christ by being a church where members find nurture and challenge
- Witness to the life, death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ by bringing the light of Christ into the lives of others.
Here is a sampling of the ways we seek to fulfill God’s vision for us
- We are a covenant partner in Habitat for Humanity, and the CROP Walk.
- Zion works with Hoffman Homes, a residential treatment facility for emotionally disturbed children, to provide school supplies and help support their creative therapy programs.
- Working through local social service agencies, our Matthew 25 fund provides funds for local residents in financial cr
- We have a team of people interested in serving our local veterans and being an advocate for veterans issues. Check the blog on this site.
- We helped to sponsor rooms at the new shelter, and we often provide material assistance, and generally try to be a good neighbor to the residents of the shelter.
- At Christmas we collect cards for the residents at Homewood Home in Hanover.
- We have a quilt ministry that makes lovely lap robes for anyone who needs a special touch of care.
- We have a ministry that makes soup and bread for anyone who needs a helping hand due to illness, family emergency, etc.
- We initiated a program called “John’s meals ” that provides weekend take-home food for hungry children in the local school district, this is part of Upper Adams Christians Together.
- We are a “five for five” participant in offerings that benefit the Wider Church in the UCC.
Our mission ministry teams are organized as follows:
Food Pantry (Upper Adams and SCCAP), and Zion’s soup and bread ministry Team
Special Events Team (Hoss’s Night Out fundraising, CROP Walk, etc.)
Veteran’s Action Team with wounded warrior events, scholarship program, etc.
Holiday Outreach ( Toys for Tots, Homewood Home resident holiday card collection)
UACT backpack feeding program for the local schools
For more information contact Pastor Kim Blocher or Consistory Representative Wayne Bushey, through the church office. We are eager for willing hands who wish to work in the harvest fields of our Lord!